As you probably already know, we've been working on our new project - The Friends Farm Hub- at Otley College recently, and now we'd like some new volunteers to get on board!
What is the Farm Hub?
Our farm hub is small farm where adults 16+ yrs, with additional needs can spend a day each week in small, friendly groups taking part in the setting-up and running of our one-acre site at the Otley College Campus.
Activities on the farm will involve growing fruit, vegetables and flowers, and caring for small farm animals, such as chickens and ducks.
Here's what you'd get to do;
- Help our members get involved with tasks around the farm, whilst encouraging their social and teamwork skills.
- Be involved with cleaning, feeding and caring for the farm animals.
- Take on gardening tasks such as potting up, sowing seeds, growing vegetables, plants and flowers.
- You will also be involved with our team, making a real difference to the lives of vulnerable adults, those people with learning difficulties and physical disabilities.
And here's what we can offer you!
- Full training on safeguarding and mental health
- The chance to learn a new hobby or develop upon your own skills.
- Be part of a friendly, like minded team.
- Take part in external talks and demonstrations from local gardening/animal welfare groups.
- Know that you've made a difference to the lives of vulnerable adults.
- Paid out of pocket expenses
- Gain skills/work experience for a new career choice.
If you'd like to get in contact about volunteering, give our Friends Farm Hub Leader, Becky a call on 07802724168, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.